Monday, August 27, 2007

plug and welcome

Peter Smith, Religion reporter for the Courier-Journal, picked up my article in a recent post on his faith blog at the paper's website. Thanks for the plug Peter... and welcome C-J online visitors!

My name is Matthew Hardesty and I'm a seminarian for the Archdiocese of Louisville. I have just entered 2nd Theology at St. Mary's Seminary & University in Baltimore, MD ("Roland Park"). This blog has been established as a way for friends and family to keep up with me, my discernment, and formation. I also like to share all things Marian and various events and moments in my life. Recently I've been covering the celebrations of and reflections on the 25 years of ministry of our former (wow..."former") Archbishop Thomas Kelly and the gear-up for and activities since our new Archbishop Joseph Kurtz's Installation.

1 comment:

Joyful Catholic said...

I hope you are well and thank you for answering the call to seminary to discern the priesthood. Your blog is superb and I admire your orthodoxy. God bless you as you continue on this journey. We pray for vocations every first Sat at the Holy Family Shrine where I volunteer. It's near Omaha, off I-80 exit 432 (in case you're ever in the area.) We have the IPF here, as you're probably aware and many seminarians really benefit from retreats there as well as priests. I will pray for you tomorrow, Matt. PAX - and may our Lady hold you near her heart and wrap her warm mantle around you and protect you on this journey.