Thursday, July 21, 2005

new website!

The Archdiocese of Louisville has a new website! It looks 10x better than their old one which was still old as of earlier today! So they must have just released the new version.

Other good news is The Record, the Archdiocese's newspaper, is now online! I've been waiting for this for a long time. Now it will be much easier for young adults in the area to keep track of what's going on. I would have loved this a few months ago when Theology on Tap and our Catholic Scripture Study was going on!

A couple quibbles: It's my personal opinion that if you just quickly glanced at the website you wouldn't be able to tell it was a Catholic website. I would have liked to have seen a picture of Archbishop Kelly, something on Pope John Paul the Great, Pope Benedict XVI, the Year of the Eucharist, etc. The Archdiocese of Chicago's website is a good example of this.

But, granted, it's a new website, and they may have changes like that planned. I'm also hearing a new Vocation Office website is planned too.

p.s. If you check out the Record at the link above, you'll find an article about MIB I was interviewed for from the latest issue (Marnie always makes me sound so good!). There's also an article about online apologetics from my twin brother Nick, the Director of Apologetics at phatmass.com.

No comments: