Wednesday, May 09, 2007

update

Hello again, it's been a while since I've posted so here is a brief update:

I had an awesome retreat before Easter, got the chance to read Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich's The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Awesome.
Easter was great too and my first one away from my family. I wanted to see how the Triduum works in a parish though and it was a good experience. I m.c.'d the Triduum at my parish in Louisville. It was exhausting but very rewarding.
Finally, I finished papers and most of my finals and am getting ready to go home for the summer. I have one final left in my Doctrine of God class. It's tomorrow at 9am.
This summer I'll have the same assignment I had last year (Fr. Bob Ray - St. Jerome in Fairdale and St. Mary in Hillview) which isn't usually the case. But it will allow me to get to know the parish and the faithful there even better. They were all very supportive and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the families I got to know last summer. I'll also be spending one day a week at Catholic Charities doing hands-on work with the poor, but I'm not sure what that will be yet. I didn't get that opportunity last summer. Pray for me that this summer is prayerful and productive and that I grow as the Holy Spirit desires.

...I'm thinking... should I try to pull out all the stops for the Assumption like I did last year? ;)

--Matt1618

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

do it! do it!