Thursday, March 29, 2007

silent retreat

This Saturday I'll be going on a a silent retreat with my first-theology class. This year though the pre-theology class will be joining us which will be nice. It's being led by Louisville's own, and Vice-Rector, Fr. Bud Stevens and our Rector, Fr. Leavitt. This is a particularly special retreat as this will be the last one he will lead after 27 years as our Rector. So I'm really looking forward to this much needed retreat. It will go until Wednesday which is unfortunate, in a way, because I'll miss the Chrism Mass back home. But I'll be flying home Wednesday night to help out with the Triduum at my home parish, Holy Spirit. We've got the first week of Easter off too, so I'll just hang out around the parish, help with stuff here and there, meet some priests for dinner, see some friends I haven't seen in forever and maybe... maybe... work on a paper.

Please pray for me.
Emitte lucem tuam et veritatem tuam: ipsa me deduxerunt et adduxerunt in montem sanctum tuum, et in tabernacula tua.
Et introibo ad altare Dei: ad Deum qui laetificat juventutem meam.
Send forth Your light and Your fidelity; they shall lead me on and bring me to Your holy mountain and to Your dwelling-place.
Then will I go in to the altar of God, the God of my gladness and joy.
-- Preparatory Prayers, The Ordinary of the Tridentine Mass

3 comments:

Darby Dugger said...

Hi Matt,

I don't know if you remember me, but about this time last year we exchanged a few comments on each other's blogs. We have a mutal friend, Leigh (Schmitt) Keswick. Anyway, how are you? How is your schooling going?
I actually haven't signed into my blogger account in months, but I have been watching some videos on YOUTUBE and there is a really interesting guy and I would like to know more about him. I looked at his web sight, but can't find his name. He seems to be an excellent teacher and I'd love to know if he has any books out, etc. He is Catholic and you were the first person I thought who might know off the top of your head. If you don't, please don't spend any time looking him up. The website is catholictelevision.org. The only title I could find is "St. Michael's Media: The One True Faith." If you could let me know, that would be great, if not, like I said, don't worry about it. You can either e-mail at my home account (darbyandjason@gmail.com) or just post a comment on my blog.
Thanks, Matt. I really hope you are doing well! I will say a prayer for you tonight.

God Bless,
Darby Dugger

Anonymous said...

Sooo, this uh silent retreat...how long was it supposed to last? 'Cause you've been pretty silent here as of late...

:-P Miss you, bud. Happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Oh, btw, I found out my friends have Zelda: Twilight Princess for their Wii and I get to play it this Sunday! I thought of you :-)