Sunday, April 23, 2006

Easter and on

Easter was a little awkward this year... sometimes my prayer life gets nudged off its fragile balance when I leave seminary for a while... so it didn't feel the same... but no matter, that doesn't negate the awesome fact of our Lord's Passion, Death, & Resurrection - all to draw our broken hearts into his Most Sacred Heart.

I do remember waking up early Easter morning, glancing at my watch, and thinking, "ah, thank God, its Easter... *deep breath*

Now I'm looking foward to this Friday, the Optional Memorial of St. Louis de Montfort. As you all know, he is the great Marian Saint and instructor of the Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary. One of the first things I did when I got to seminary (along with my d.b.) was prepare for and accomplish this Consecration. When I knelt at the same pew as our late Holy Father, Pope John Paul the Great, in our beautiful chapel here at St. Mary's and received a blessing from one of our deacons, I handed my formation over to our most Blessed Mother. I told her I couldn't do this without her help and intercession.

To prepare for the preparation (!) for the Consecration, I read The Secret of the Rosary and then True Devotion to Mary, both by St. Louis de Montfort. Each day up to and including the Optional Memorial I'll post two or three quotes from True Devotion that particularly touched me as I was reading.

Sedes Sapientiae, ora pro nobis!

1 comment:

Jean Heimann said...

Excellent reading!

St. Louis de Montfort is one of my favorites. I blogged a little on him today.

God bless,
Jean