Saturday, July 15, 2006

the Church Teaches Forum

Today I went to Day Two of the Church Teaches Forum in Louisville, KY. I missed Day One on Friday because I wanted to be at my parish's Church Picnic which is a huge, humongous deal. I worked the Watermelon booth :)

This morning I met a large group of other Catholics at the abortion clinic at 7am to pray for a couple hours for an end to abortion. Then I went with a couple priests to the Forum which started at 9am. The lineup included: Cardinal Arinze (!), Archbishop Foley, Archbishop Raymond Burke, Fr. McCaffrey, and Fr. Arnsparger with brief introductions given by our own Archbishop Kelly, James Likoudis, Pat Monaghan, Leon Suprenant, et al. It was a pretty awesome day and I enjoyed getting to know newly-ordained Fr. Jeffrey Hopper a little better.

Brief Rundown:
Cardinal Arinze: The Laity: Humility and Obedience in the Apostolate - and - Sacred Music and the Liturgy as Means of Evangelization
Archbishop Foley: The Role of Believers in the Rise of Atheism - and - Social Communications and Evangelization
Archbishop Burke: Obedience to the Magesterium and the Responsibility of the Bishop Toward the Laity
Fr. McCaffrey: Deus Caritas Est: The Virgin Mary's Fiat at the Annunciation
Fr. Arnsparger: The Call of Christ to the Priesthood: Hearing It - Living It

No comments: