Thursday, April 14, 2005

mundelein retreat

Last week I had my two psych evaulations which went well. I actually thought it was kinda fun going through the different word, number, and picture games in order to guage whatever capacity Doc was trying to guage...I'm not really sure. I meet with him in a couple weeks to discuss the results.

This past weekend I went on an excellent retreat to Mundelein seminary North of Chicago, IL. I was very impressed! I had some conversations with some of the guys who go there and they convinced me that the formation there is top-notch. Their vocation director is a good and holy priest. He gave an excellent talk on priestly identity. Their liturgy was amazing too, complete with candle bearers in the procession, incensing of the altar, tabernacle and crucifix, incensing of the gospel and also the gifts and mostly latin responses. The reverence was very moving.

I'd be happy to go to Mundelein if I was sent there. But I also still think it would be nice to join Michael Wimsatt and Fr. Bud at St. Mary's in Baltimore. And St. Meinrad would be close to home. I'd like to visit other places that I hear so much about like Mount St. Mary's, Sacred Heart, or St. Charles Borromeo just to see what they're like, but we don't use those. But that's OK. I want nothing more than to obey the will of God expressed in the guidance of my Vocation Director through the action of the Holy Spirit.

Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis

No comments: