Thursday, May 18, 2006

quick update

Hey guys, I've had a great last few days. Just wanted to post a quick update.

Well, I'm back home in Owensboro, KY on a week long break until I have to return to St. Mary's for a "Summer Seminar"/extended spiritual retreat-type thing until mid-June.

This past Friday, my first day back in Louisville after a good while, I went to an AWESOME fundraiser for a local youth group: Generation JPII. I was very very impressed! And Marie Miller had an awesome show.


Sunday, the 14th, was my 26th birthday and it was great to spend it with my family. I bought Plumb's new CD for myself :) Awesome Christian Rock. And for the record, she influenced Evanesence, not vice versa ;) My younger brothers Andy and Ben got me an iTunes Music card, my parents got me the compact version of The Best Bible, the Revised Standard Version: Catholic Edition :) (The 2nd edition was recently released, it's like the NRSV without the inclusive language) They also got me a little "Cracking The Da Vinci Code" booklet (online here) and a cool t-shirt. My twin brother Nick got me a book of Latin Hymns.

The last couple days were a little lazy... sleeping in, watching T.V., etc. So today I got up a little early, mowed the lawn, ran some errands, and BBQ'd about 30 pieces of chicken on the 'ol grill... great day. Ahhhh how Owensboro Does BBQ!

I'll post more later about my reactions to all of the above, especially the fundraiser.

No comments: